6.8.10

Hi There!

I've been on vacation - the "stay" portion of my vacation and it's been non-stop activities with the family but not much sewing or quilting.  I did manage to get my July and August blocks done for my Shrinking Quilters' bee:

Bee block for Lydia

July's block for Lydia.  [Sorry about the photo not being centered.  Flickr has changed it's format and I'm going to have to re-learn how to link my photos.  GRRRR!]

Lydia sent Amy Butler "Love" fabric with instructions to make an abstract block with all straight lines.  Fortunately, she allowed us to use solids from our stash.  I added a couple to give the design a slightly less busy look.

Block for Dee

August Block for Dee.

Dee wanted a simple block design from a tutorial from Modify Tradition's blog.  Info about this block can be found on Dee's blog  thequiltingdee.blogspot.com.

Tomorrow I leave for Philadephia with my daughter to spend a week with my sister and family.  We're leaving the "boys" at home!  I'm hoping to see some great quilts when we tour Lancaster County.

Here's a couple of pictures from my "staycation":

Civic Center Statue

IMG_1403

1 comment:

Miri said...

Terrific blocks!