15.9.10

Getting Ready

It's almost my month for the Incredible Shrinking Quilters' Bee and I'm trying to get ahead of the game.  I have a business trip to Boston planned for the beginning of October and need to have everything mailed before then.

Sneak Peek
I've never done a "Bee" before, and was a little apprehensive about the process of deciding on a design (I'll admit, that part was agonizing), selecting  fabrics and calculating yardages.  The block I finally settled on is pretty straightforward and once I started cutting the fabric, it was no big deal.   I guess this was a case of over-thinking things.

I'm curious, do others find it hard choosing a project for a bee?  I'm using fabrics from my stash instead of purchasing something new - that was the other issue, I was concerned that my fabrics may not be well-received by everyone.  I'm interested in a wide range of fabrics styles including batiks and repros and don't always use the most trendy prints/designers.

4 comments:

Lesly said...

Sneak peek looks great! Can't wait to dig in!

Dee said...

looks yummy! I was a little put off choosing fabrics and a block at first because I wanted everyone to enjoy them both. but, as my mama used to say, you can't please everyone all the time.........looking forward to getting the fabric and helping you create your quilt top!

enjoy Boston! be safe. get loads done and have fun!

Anonymous said...

I have to admit that I am selfish.

I didn't consider everyone else's wishes much when choosing my block or fabrics. I figured if I could make it (as a beginner), then everyone else could make it. Also, if I liked the fabrics, that was really all that mattered because the quilt was going to be for me!

With all of that said, I think yours looks great!

RosaMaría said...

beautiful fabrics!!