13.9.10

Pseudo-Cathedral windows

Here's a little something I'm working on:



The block design is actually a "folded" Flying Geese block.  I found an excellent tutorial online (Ricky Timms & Alex Anderson video) and another tut that shows how to turn down and top-stitch the edges to create a curved-triangle shape (curved goose sounds too weird!).  I had to play around with it quite a bit to get the look I wanted.



I've completed my blocks but will add sashing to make an 18" pillow cover.  Check back here soon for further details.  I will be posting links and hints on this technique.


5 comments:

Sujata Shah said...

I love your gorgeous stitching!

Lesly said...

Wow - I love that! Will definitely return to read more about this. Bring it on!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

love the stitching on it! well done! that yellowy green and blue are perfect

RosaMaría said...

beautiful!! love the stitching!!

Rebekah said...

what a cool block! I love the sashiko style stitching. Beautiful job!