28.5.11

Quilting feathers

Hi there, I've been trying to update my blog for over a week, but it's been a super eventful week.  My youngest graduated from elementary school yesterday.   That completes an 11 year stint at the same school, so a bittersweet ending.  My son finished his finals and his second year of high school.  With the summer months beginning, I hope to spend a little more free time sewing and quilting.

I have been dutifully working on outline quilting on my triangle quilt, but not really liking the results, so I decided to add feathers.  I think it adds a dimension to the quilt that was missing.


I'm using a YLI machine quilting thread in variegated blues.  I usually use Gutteman's or Coats &  Clarks, but want to branch out and try some different brands.  I picked up the YLI at a local quilt show last year.  I only bought the one spool, and will probably need to source it online before I get too much further along.  I'm hoping to have a good block of time to work on this next week, while both of my kids are away for the start of summer.

No comments: